It’s officially spring, and while that might mean longer days, sandaled feet and weekends at the baseball diamond, it may also mean that a hefty spring cleaning is on your horizon. Before you get overwhelmed and throw in the mop, let us help you simplify by giving you our 25 household areas and fixtures most in need of some springtime love.
Throughout the House
- Clean lighting fixtures.
- Wash walls, trim, doors, knobs and switch plates. (Don’t forget to disinfect!)
- Empty out front and/or hall closets and wash walls and sweep floor .
- Shake, clean, or replace door mats and area rugs.
- Steam clean or mop floors.
- Wash windows and sills. Remove and wash window screens.
- Remove and clean/wash window coverings.
- Empty vanity and other cabinets, discard unwanted items, wash drawers and cabinets, then replace items.
- Clean tub and sink drains. Use drain clog remover if needed.
- Remove toilet seat and clean around seat bolts.
- Polish faucets and other hardware.
- Wash floor registers and other vent covers.
- Mop floors.
- Reseal grout lines in tub, tile, and sink if needed.
Kitchen and Dining Room
- Remove items from cabinets, wash draws and cabinets, replace items neatly. Discard unwanted/unused items.
- Sharpen knives (if needed).
- Organize pantry and discard expired food.
- Clean oven, stove top, and microwave.
- Clean and organize refrigerator, discarding unwanted/expired food.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils.
- Empty crumbs from toaster.
- Wash bedding and flip mattresses.
- Clean out dresser and other drawers and discard unused items.
- Dust all TVs and electronics.
- Unclutter shelves and bookcases and donate unwanted books, magazines and other items.
Sound intimidating? Pick one area at a time and make that your focus for a day or even a weekend. Do you have a tried-and-true method for efficient spring cleaning? Let us know below!