You may have the cleanest windows on the block, but are they looking a little plain this holiday season? Give your glass (and your house) a merry lift with a few simple holiday window ideas.
5 Festive Holiday Window Treatments
- Wreaths: Your windows could take a lesson from your front door this holiday season! Wreaths can add some beautiful holiday cheer to your plain windows. Opt for a wreath that fills about 60-75 percent of your window pane. You can secure these with a ribbon (our favorite) or with window suction cups purchased at a craft store.
- Candles: Nothing invokes cozy holiday warmth than a glowing candle in a window. And with today’s flameless LED candles, you can get the soft flicker of fire without risking an unattended flame. Place a single candle on the sill of each of your street-facing windows for a festive look. For even more cheer, place some greenery around the base of each candle.
- Snow: We may not see much winter weather around these parts, but that doesn’t mean you have to forego frosty windows! Grab a can of window “snow” and lightly mist the corners of your windows for a winter wonderland effect.
- Garland: Extend your garland from your front door and porch to your windows! This works especially well if you have window boxes, but you can also hang the garland vertically inside the window for a festive view from the inside and outside.
- Christmas tree: Show off the most festive fixture in your home this holiday season. You can make your tree a focal point inside your home and from the curb by placing it in front of a large window. You’ll get to enjoy a beautiful tree inside while passers-by see its twinkling lights from the street and sidewalk.
Are your windows especially festive this season? Give us your tips below!