It may only be February, but that’s as good as spring in Las Vegas! So, before the summer scorching hits and you’re barricaded inside with the air conditioner, take some time to finish – or start! – your spring cleaning.
Not sure where to start? Not to worry; along with your normal cleaning routine, we’ve got a list of 10 often-neglected areas of your home that could more than likely use some spring love.
10 Spring Cleaning Musts!
- Walls and ceilings: You look at them all the time, but when was the last time your walls and ceilings got a good scrub? Grime and dirt can build on these surfaces, so give them some care this spring.
- Grout: Nothing says “eww” like dirty grout. Spring is the perfect time to clean and/or reseal grout lines between tile on the walls, floors, and countertops. We suggest adding a penetrating grout sealer for protection.
- Window treatments: Drapes and blinds can get pretty dirty over the course of a few months, so be sure to vacuum/dust/wash window coverings.
- Window screens: You may have sparkling clean windows, but what about your screens? Remove the screens, soak in warm water and mild dishwashing soap and brush clean.
- Fridge: Did you know that you should dust your refrigerator coils? The coils are located under the grill at the bottom of the fridge. Be sure to turn the power off first!
- Freezer: Freshen your freezer by defrosting it once a year. Turn power off, then empty the freezer and clean with baking soda and hot water.
- Outdoor furniture: Chances are, you’ll start using this again soon, so give benches, chairs, and tables a good washing.
- Safety Equipment: Spring is a great time to check and replace, if necessary, batteries in smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and to make sure fire extinguishers are in working order.
- Wood: Thoroughly dust all wood in the house – from baseboards to furniture. Apply butcher’s wax to wood furniture to restore shine.
- Beds: Wash comforters, duvets, and dust ruffles that aren’t often cleaned. Flip all mattresses to help them wear evenly.