It’s that time of year again; between the champagne toasting and appetizer eating, New Year’s also brings the chance to reflect on the past year and make some resolutions for the one to come. And if you’re looking to increase productivity around the office in 2015, the answer could be lying in your New Year’s resolutions. This year, why not commit to organizing and de-cluttering your workspace? Your staff – and your business – will thank you.
Tips for a Clutter-Free Office
- Create work “zones” – If your office struggles with organization, creating separate spaces for separate tasks can help encourage natural order. Determine which daily tasks deserve a space of their own, like packing and shipping, invoicing, calling customers and holding meetings. You’ll be surprised how much easier organization comes to your staff when they know where to do what.
- Keep your desk clear – If you never touch that old Rolodex that sits a foot from your elbow, set it free! Keep only what you need on a daily basis at arm’s reach on your desk. For everything else, find a drawer, cabinet or other storage area. Or better yet – toss it out!
- Go paperless – These days, it’s easier than ever to get rid of the paper (and the file folders, filing boxes and filing cabinets that go along with it). Adopt a digital solution (with a secure back-up system) for your business documents. You’ll be surprised how much space you have when you evict paper.
- Clear the desktop – This time, we mean the digital desktop. If you’ve got a thousand icons on your computer desktop, you’re likely making work harder than it needs to be. Part of getting your business organized includes spring-cleaning those digital files – and clearing off that desktop.
- Get professional help – You may be able to better organize your office, but is it really clean? Once you’ve de-cluttered, call in the professionals to make sure that your office is sparkling clean and ready for business. Your staff –and your customers – will thank you.
Ready to make it a more organized New Year? Call Window Sparkle today!
Originally posted 2014-12-29 18:39:49.